1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone breed Delawares??

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by jessicayarno, Nov 8, 2011.

1. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Has anyone breed their own delawares with barred rock and new hampshire?? I have BR hens and a roo and new hampshire hens... What do I need to cross to get the delaware?? I only have one delaware and she is about done laying, but has an awesome personality and I would like to breed some more if possible.

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I believe the delaware coloring is a "sport" of the cross you propose. There was a hen shown at the nationals in Indiana that was such a bird. Take a look at the Delaware thread, her picture is in there somewhere in the last few pages.

3. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
  4. johnsons-r-us

johnsons-r-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Eudora, Kansas
    Quote:I too am looking forward to hatching some of mine. I should get bsl as I have a RIR roo and BR girls. I love color genetics! [​IMG]

And I haven't done much reading...but I think I should get amber sex links with my WR roo....whenever I get one [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  5. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Oh I am excited now.. So my projects for some layers and good DP are BSL, BR, and Delawares...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by