1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone bringing anything to the Sussex show in april?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ZooZoo, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Is anyone bringing anything to the Sussex County Poultry show in April in NJ? If so...what? I have a large aviary that im not sure what is going in yet.
    Thanks

2. LICHICK

LICHICK Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2007
    New York
    Do you have a website for them? sussex county poultry show NJ didnt come up with anything. Thanks

3. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    I'm in Jersey can you give me info on that show please......thanks.....

Dennis

4. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    They don't have much info on it. Here is the NJ state fair's website.... http://www.newjerseystatefair.org/html/page.cfm/offseason if you look down to april 22nd you can see that their is the show. What i wouold suggest to do is e-mail Arlene Sliker at [email protected] or call her at the number givin on the website. Last year was my first year attending. It was an excellent show. A very large barn was full of cages exhibiting many different kinds of waterfowl, poultry, and some gamebirds. There were also people selling birds, and an auction for birds towards the end of the day. All and all its a great time if you love poultry. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

5. Mr.Dad

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    Thank you for the link and info [​IMG]......

I heard there was also an auction in Hackettstown NJ at some point during the year...do you know anything about that one?

6. newchickenmomma

newchickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Frankford, NJ
    The auction in Hackettstown is every tuesday, I forget the name of the place, but it is pretty dirty, I have never bought anything but eggs there, alot of the livestock are sick, and the birds and rabbits as well, they don't have many chickens anymore, but have a lot of meat rabbits and pigeons, and a bunch of other stuff, they do hay and feed, pig, cow, goat, sheep etc... I am pretty sure it starts about 9am or so and goes til like 5pm or so, it is right down the road from Tichners feed store. I have not been there in a while now, so not sure if anything has changed or not since then, bout 3 months or so. But it is every tuesday. good luck

7. Mr.Dad

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    Quote:Thanks....might be something to see someday.....I'm not in the market, we have chciks coming, just trying to find neat things to do with the kids [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by