Anyone buy DE on ebay?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by JennsPeeps, Jul 21, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    It's time to get some diatomaceous earth for my girls as well as a little for my bug-ridden chard. I can't seem to get the food grade in my city, so looked on ebay.

Has anyone ever bought from this seller? s/he has 100% approval rating however ONLY accepts PO or Western Union money orders. That makes me nervous because there's no way to complain if there's a problem except via ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-lbs-Diatomace...ryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thoughts?

2. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:No, I ordered mine from BYC member, spatcher.

3. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2008
    COS
    I got mine from this seller.
    shipped promptly and was well bagged to survive the trip. Maybe they sell 5# bags too ?

4. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    Quote:You can also purchase it directly from them at their website and that's the cheapest I've found including shipping

5. try Dawn419, she is a member of BYC and sells DE. i highly recommend her. Marrie

6. MsBentleyboy

MsBentleyboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Kentucky girl
    Quote:You can also purchase it directly from them at their website and that's the cheapest I've found including shipping

What is the website for DE?

7. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Our local store Worms Way sells it 9.95 for 6 lbs.

8. Try Googling Golden Blend Group. They have good DE. One of their reps has a stall at the flea market in our town so I don't have to pay shipping charges but i paid $20.00 for 5olbs. marrie

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    All good advice - thanks!

10. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Wow - I read the one ad and it has so many human benefits - and you can take it internally??? Has anyone ever done this?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by