Anyone buy quality chicken hatching eggs off Ebay?

FlChickie

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
Citrus County, Florida
I've been tempted to get some hatching eggs from EBay, but have heard mixed reviews of people not getting exactly what was advertised or them not being "pure", but those could just be isolated incidents. I prefer to order local or on the BYC, but I'm not having any luck finding the breeds I'm looking for and I'm being pick on the quality since I don't want hatchery birds because I want to be able to show them or at least have a better starting point to work on the birds lines to be able to show them in the future. Any bad, good or indifferent comments?

I've been tempted to get some hatching eggs from EBay, but have heard mixed reviews of people not getting exactly what was advertised or them not being "pure", but those could just be isolated incidents. I prefer to order local or on the BYC, but I'm not having any luck finding the breeds I'm looking for and I'm being pick on the quality since I don't want hatchery birds because I want to be able to show them or at least have a better starting point to work on the birds lines to be able to show them in the future. Any bad, good or indifferent comments?

It is very hit or miss. I've used Ebay before to purchase Marans eggs, but received very poor color quality eggs. They were technically purepreds, but the entire point of Marans is the egg-color, imo. So if that's not up to snuff, I don't care that the bird conforms in other ways.

I would very much encourage you to instead look at the auctions offered through BYC, and even drop a line in the breed threads for the ones that draw your interest.

Back
Top Bottom