Anyone Collect Antique Oil or Kerosene Lamps

Jenlyn9483

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I was wondering if anyone else on here collects antique oil or kerosene lamps. Growing up my mom always had these around the house and they came in handy in the summer months when storms were prevalent. I now enjoy collecting them here and there and they too also come in handy in bad weather. I love the combination of beauty, functionality and history they represent

Hi Jenlyn, I have antiques and a couple of kerosene lamps. I just love them. I've used mine when I've lost power but we don't lose ours much. I live in the high desert and we don't get bad storms unless it's a wind storm. That's alright though because they look pretty just setting out for everyone to see. I had a very old one given to me about 10 years ago and my husband accidently broke it when packing to move. It cost him another one that I found in an antique store in his home town of Paola, KS. I have another one my stepmom gave me and I've had it for years and my son found a small one in a basement of an old house. It didn't have the chimney but it's a robin egg blue and so pretty since blue is my favorite color.

I notice you raise coturnix quail. I have a couple of them also. I need to get more as I lost my two females and I only have the two males left. They're so gentle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom