Anyone create auto-humidity setup?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by teckkev, Apr 13, 2012.

1. teckkev

teckkev Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsboro, OH 45133
    Humidity in my incubator has to be the most annoying factor to the hobby. I saw other brands do have auto-humidity control. The price of those units are very high. For those of us with a simple hovabator/little giant should have a way to add the feature with creating a kit. Anyone done this task? Everything I find is for humidifiers.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    I have a brinsea ECO20 for the same price I paid for my LG with circulating air fan and turner 20 years ago. The LG worked fine for me originally but got bagged up over the years so I got the first one that I mentioned. The first hatch worked OK but I have not had a good one since then. So I am looking at the one advertised below.

http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/egg-incubator--turner.html

If it has the auto humidity as it say it does then I will be happy. Let me know what you think

3. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
  4. teckkev

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsboro, OH 45133
    I am referring to adding water when needed by itself (using a resivior tank).

Thanks,
    Kevin

5. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    oh well I am confused. but if you know about the floatation device that is used in a swamp cooler, they sam theory is used on water reservoirs for water dishes. So you could rig one of those up. All you would need is a gravity fed water bag such as an IV drip bag that is used in medical facilities

6. teckkev

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsboro, OH 45133
    Yes! you are on the right way of thinking as I am to the IV effect. IV has a pump that when the patient presses the trigger, the pump will allow a fixed amount to flow. My humidity controller has the ability to open circuit to a device that would allow flow. My hurdle is what device would I use as the flow pump. I'm near the point in buying a humidifier and disassemble it to see what it uses to keep humidity level steady. I am confident that several already created a unit for their incubators for humidity.

Thanks for the great input!
    Kevin - Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by