Anyone create auto-humidity setup?

teckkev

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 19, 2009
Hillsboro, OH 45133
Humidity in my incubator has to be the most annoying factor to the hobby. I saw other brands do have auto-humidity control. The price of those units are very high. For those of us with a simple hovabator/little giant should have a way to add the feature with creating a kit. Anyone done this task? Everything I find is for humidifiers.

Thanks,
Kevin

I have a brinsea ECO20 for the same price I paid for my LG with circulating air fan and turner 20 years ago. The LG worked fine for me originally but got bagged up over the years so I got the first one that I mentioned. The first hatch worked OK but I have not had a good one since then. So I am looking at the one advertised below.

http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/egg-incubator--turner.html

If it has the auto humidity as it say it does then I will be happy. Let me know what you think

oh well I am confused. but if you know about the floatation device that is used in a swamp cooler, they sam theory is used on water reservoirs for water dishes. So you could rig one of those up. All you would need is a gravity fed water bag such as an IV drip bag that is used in medical facilities

Yes! you are on the right way of thinking as I am to the IV effect. IV has a pump that when the patient presses the trigger, the pump will allow a fixed amount to flow. My humidity controller has the ability to open circuit to a device that would allow flow. My hurdle is what device would I use as the flow pump. I'm near the point in buying a humidifier and disassemble it to see what it uses to keep humidity level steady. I am confident that several already created a unit for their incubators for humidity.

Thanks for the great input!
Kevin - Ohio

Back
Top Bottom