Anyone cut through a deck box or shed?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Winter, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Winter

Winter Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
  2. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    No, but we have one of those and they get very, very hot inside. I personally wouldn't put anything living in it :eek:

3. Winter

Apr 2, 2008
    It would be open all summer, and chicks will spend most of their time outside; roosting only in the 'coop'. I abhor the idea of wooden coops and am looking for alternatives for a tiny flock. Warm in winter is a much greater issue since it doesn't really get hot here, and is often close to zero at night, even in the summer.

4. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I don't see why it couldn't be done!

5. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    jig saw would do it with a fine blade or a hack saw with a fine blade either or if you got a real good razor knife also will take longer but it will work good luck

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

What's wrong with wood?

7. Green Hill Farm

Green Hill Farm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    I have one, I did't put in windows I leave the doors open. In am they wait in their run. The run now has a wire top to stop them from getting out and eatten in early am.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have closed the doors if it was to snow hard, but didn't close them this year never seemed necessary, it snowed but wasn't very cold. Chickens were fine.

Beth

8. Winter

Apr 2, 2008
    Quote:Thanks! This is what I was wondering, not whether or not I should use this, but IF I could cut through it!
    I will post pics after I get my urban coop completed!

Thanks for the pics of your shed, that looks awesome, kind of what I had in mind, but lower. I basically plan on having my veggie garden raised over the chicken coop/fun. Space is at an absolute premium in my yard.

I don't like wood because I think it quickly looks derilict in addition to the fact that it is permeable and not easily sanitised.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by