Anyone decorate the coop for Christmas???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pierce652, Dec 7, 2008.

1. pierce652

pierce652 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2008
    Ive had two sets of red chili lights for years which my wife forbid me to put up saying they were tacky. Today I was working around the girls house and thought they would be perfect, that is add the perfect tacky touch to the coop. They are hung and lit and look awsome.

Anyone else decorate for the girls???

Lets see some pics.

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I'm jealous. I wanted to decorate the coop, but was told it's a waste of electricity. [​IMG] Maybe I'll do it anyway.

3. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    ohhhhh.. now thats an idea!!!!
    I could put a little christmas tree in there for them!!!

4. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Great Idea! I think I'll buy a nice, natural wreath and hang it on the outside of the run or coop.

5. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Never thought of it. Now I'm tempted!

6. Doing mine tomorrow!

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I did not decorate the coop, but DH put lights up on the fence that makes up the run. It looks great and lights up the way when I put them in for the night! They get up on their outdoor roost and try to eat the lights through the hardware cloth!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am going to pic up some LED lights for the girls coop and make them a little decorative thing for the door....

DD wants to make a pine cone hanger with a big bow for their door so I think I am going to let her do so.

They are getting an xmas gift...I just ordered 2 25lb poultry blocks....1 for the big girls and one for the little girls. [​IMG]

9. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    thanks for the idea... i'm buying them a wreath. and mini lights on the coop just may be the perfect way to get them a bit of light for the winter... who knows maybe they'll get in the holiday spirit and lay an egg.

10. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

I just put a wreath on ours. I may add a few more things too; I think a lighted star or snowflake over the nest box door would look nice.

Phyllis

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by