1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone decorated the inside of their coop, or painted murals inside??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by emjay, Sep 20, 2009.

1. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    We are painting fun murals inside the coop. As the coop is for the kids, but, I'm sure I'll be the one doing the majority of things.
    we are using all environmentally friendly and non toxic paint of course.

2. CloggingChicken

CloggingChicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Hendersonville, NC
  3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    Yep....my friend sketched murals on the older, small coop wall (2 roos in the grass) and the outside 4x8 plywood wall of the run (huge red poppies on a green background) Her 10 y/o daughter and I helped color them. I have since moved the poppy mural in the big coop. I also have a few chicken signs, metal/ceramic figurines and things on the walls and sitting on a shelf.....Not your 'normal' chicken coop...but then, normal is highly overrated [​IMG] And the chickens don't care [​IMG]

4. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope you will post pix!

I've thought about doing something inside my coop but haven't gotten any particular inspiration.

5. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    I can't wait until mine is complete, I have a big sun on the ceiling, a rooster crowing on a stump, a hen laying in the straw with two babies behind her. I also painted a fence with a crow sitting on it and a cactus. My daughter painted a pony, a car, a tractor and a farm scene, my son scribbled and my mum painted caterpillars and frogs and butterflies and a pony out of my favorite book when I was a child -SPARKLES THE PONY.

I am now finishing off some hills with a barn at the top. Then will finish with flowers and ladybugs and more butterflies.
    The ground has been dug outside for putting the fence in, for predator control and the run should be complete by Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

I am glad that some others have done the same. I thought maybe we were too excited and ambitious. haha.
    It's nice though, we've had alot of family working on the project. The coop that love built, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by