Anyone do Stained Glass?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Tuffoldhen, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG]

I did this one a few years ago, before my fingers lost their grip!

Post pics if you have.

2. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    I have never tried stained glass, but, wanted to say that is gorgeous.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Are you kidding me!?..that IS beautiful!....awesome work!..[​IMG].

4. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Love your stained glass. I do glass when I have time, this was a commercial design that I did in the colors of my mare and her son. Wish they didn't have pinned ears, but the colors of glass were amazingly close to their actual color.
    [​IMG]

LOL...just noticed this photo still has the tape on the edges, it must not have had the frame cemented yet.

5. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    I do, haven't for a while. Hard to find the time. Now that winter is here, I want to start up again. It is something I really enjoy. Will have to search for pics.
    Nice panels!

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

LOVELY artwork, folks! thanks for sharing!

7. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Quote:No-- I haven't ever done it but I've been thinking I'd love to try it but don't know where to start!!! I'd love it if someone could point me in the right direction -- to books or websites, where a complete newbie could learn to do it ( hint, hint) [​IMG]

PS-- the photos in this thread are gorgeous!

8. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:No-- I haven't ever done it but I've been thinking I'd love to try it but don't know where to start!!! I'd love it if someone could point me in the right direction -- to books or websites, where a complete newbie could learn to do it ( hint, hint) [​IMG]

You might want to check with your local continuing education programs at the high schools. Many have stained glass classes. I'm pretty crafty, but I am glad that I took a 6 week class to get me started. It was nice to have someone show me the in and outs before I purchased all the equipment.

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV

You might want to check with your local continuing education programs at the high schools. Many have stained glass classes. I'm pretty crafty, but I am glad that I took a 6 week class to get me started. It was nice to have someone show me the in and outs before I purchased all the equipment.

That's how I got started too a stained glass class at our local high school in the continuing educational programs!!

[​IMG]

This is one I have that a friend did....

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I do stained glass! I'll have to take some pics of them.

Tuff - your hen is very nice, i was looking for a decent pattern of a hen and couldn't find one, everything is roosters! Can I copy your hen? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by