Anyone doing thanksgiving for your ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 23, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Im makeing a cute little veggie plate for my ducks tomarrow for thanksgiving (since im SO thankful for the ducks) I was wondering if anyone else is? (hopeing im not just crazy!)

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Mine are all getting peas and their usual tomorrow. I'm going to my mother in laws for thanksgiving, so my ducks/chickens/turkey will be getting their thanksgiving dinner a little late. My turkey was intended to be thanksgiving dinner, but has earned herself a permanent stay by keeping everyone else in line and being a good guard. Besides, when I make turkey I want a lot of turkey, and she's a midget white hen. My rooster is almost as big as her. I'll be cooking a turkey this weekend, and will be making sweet potatoes/ rice/ etc for the poultry. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Awww, cute pic. Love the chickens and ducks [​IMG]

4. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    My ducks refuse to eat any treats but cat food. -_-' Idk why. It's all they'll eat though. Only meow mix too. XDDD

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Thats funny, i put out some high quality Newmans own dog food for my chickens and ducks awhile back and they just stood there looking at it like wheres the mealworms? I had to call the dogs out to clean up.

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    We in Canada have our Thanksgiving earlier then you American folk, but if the ducks were involved it would be on the dinner table [​IMG]

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    We give pumpkins to ours a couple of time in the fall. Everyone loves them.

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:How dare you!!! [​IMG]

9. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    ha ha... thats what we are having tomorrow.. Duck

On the other hand, my ducks get Thanksgiving almost every day. They get produce from the store every other day, enough I can spread it out into every day most of the time. They get wheat, milo, and corn and my friends bring them deer. They love deer. So.. they are pretty darn spoiled anyway. Don't know what more I could give them to make it a special day?

10. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    iajewel: Did you say your ducks eat deer, like bambi!? And I have always heard that duck is very greasy, but have never tried it before. Do you think it's greasy tasting, or what's your secret to make it so it's not greasy tasting?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by