Anyone done a special order from Tractor supply?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by blitz1027, Mar 10, 2011.

1. blitz1027

blitz1027 Songster

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Hey all with spring in the air I was thinking of placing a special order with tractor supply for some birds but I was wanting to know if anyone has done that before? I've bought chicks they've had in stock before and they have been great birds but never special ordered any.
    If anyone has ordered from them what was your experience with them? How long did it take for them to come in? Things like that.

Thanks

2. jhudson

jhudson In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2007
    va
    Yes I have. They arrived this morning. I went in last week to get some cornish X. They only had 8 in stock. I asked when they would be getting more in and he said he didn't know, but what was I looking for. I told him about 25. He said I could order through them. I did that, and it only cost me the cost of the chicks, $1.99 each and TSC paid the shipping and they were shipped to me not TSC. I got a call this morning from my post office to come and get them. Worked GREAT!!!!!!

3. blitz1027

blitz1027 Songster

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Thats awesome. I was thinking about ordering some Cochins and some Americaunas.

4. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Wow, that does sound convenient! For two years I suffered through incubation, and was a failure. This year so far I've received 2 shipments from Ideal and I am very, very happy. I think I may sell my two incubators!

5. patti'speeps

patti'speeps In the Brooder

Oct 27, 2010
    Greensburg, Indiana
    I work at Tractor Supply and yes it is very easy to special order whatever birds you're looking for. We have 3 different hatcheries we use for special orders. [​IMG]

6. blitz1027

blitz1027 Songster

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    patti'speeps :

I work at Tractor Supply and yes it is very easy to special order whatever birds you're looking for. We have 3 different hatcheries we use for special orders. [​IMG]

Cool thanks for the info. I'll probably place my order next week.​

7. ghulst

ghulst Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    patti'speeps :

I work at Townline Hatchery and think that I saw a order go to you in Greenburg. We ship them out of South Bend postoffice.​

8. patti'speeps

patti'speeps In the Brooder

Oct 27, 2010
    Greensburg, Indiana
    I placed an order from the store today with Townline. We mainly use you guys for our orders. The chicks are good quality birds.[​IMG]

9. Buckeyes-R-Us

Buckeyes-R-Us In the Brooder

Dec 14, 2009
    SW - Ohio
    My son works at TSC in Springboro, Ohio and this store gets most of their chicks from Mt. Healthy Hatchery near Cincinnati and YES they will special order just about anything Mt. Healthy supplies!

Here in SW Ohio the TSC stores have a 25 chick minimun on "special orders", this is a hatchery mandate, not a TSC mandate....again I'm ONLY talking about my regional TSC other regions will have different "minimums" that are sometimes based on state and local laws.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  10. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Songster

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    I ordered through my local feedstore and was amazed what a good deal I got. I had to order 25 so I got 5 golden=laced, 5 silver-laced,5 blue, and 10 BLRW wyandottes, all pullets (hopefully one will be a rooster). I found out they order from Privett hatchery in New Mexico. And I do not have to wait a long time. May4th is when I pick them up.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: