Anyone drive a Hyundai or Kia...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coloradochick, Mar 18, 2012.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    We're lookiing at cars YAY!!!! and these two are two that we're looking at. Anyone have any pro's/cons about either...

2. KBlue

KBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I don't have any personal experience with them, but Consumer Reports likes many of the Hyundai models. They just published their April auto issue. You could pick one up to see what they say...

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

We owned a Kia Sorento, a few years back. Not the greatest gas mileage (I believe they've improved it in the newer models), but it was a good, solid SUV, not too big, and I felt safe driving it in all road conditions. It was a toss-up between that and the Hyundai Santa Fe - we went with the Sorento because it had more interior space. Kia and Hyundai's warranties can't be beat.

4. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    oh i had a kia optomia and i LOVED LOVED LOVED IT

bought it brand new off the lot (like 300 miles) in 2004

the ONLY thing i EVER had to do was get the window rollup machine replaced but it was under warranty so i paid nothing

that was the best car drove from maryland to south carolina plenty of times

soldit 2010 with under 70k miles for almost 4k

the ONYL con to this car is the resale value but the kias have been getting good reps so the resale value may be a lot better since 2010

i would so buy another NOT A BRAND NEW ONE but i would love to own another

my suggestion to you would be to buy one that is atleast a year or 2 old

never even changed the battery in 6 fricking years

OH AND DONT GET THE SPORTS SHIFTER IF THEY STILL HAVE IT they will SO try to talk that model up but dont total waste of money. the best time to buy is like sept.

i remember when i bought mine (kia wernt so popular either) they had deals going on up north buy one get one free and the smaller ones would go down to like 10k.

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Thanks. Kia is running a great incentive right now. We ran to the KIA dealer yesterday since they were closed and lurked without having to be attacked by the salesman [​IMG] just to see if we wanted to proceed with it. We really like the Chevy sedans but they're a little pricey for us and you're so right the warranties on the KIAs are untouchable. I'll run and grab the Consumer Reports. I was trying to look at it on the web but they want you to subscribe.

6. elijahboy

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    if your not on the mailing list get on it

kia is on a roll right now i have been getting so much crap from them in the mail

one advertisement was like 3k off that would have been great if i was going to buy one

i think if they run a deal for a optima for like 11k i might jump on the bandwagon the kia bandwagon.

7. elijahboy

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    oh and the consumer reports are very good for the kias

i cant imagine why they would NOT be a top seller within the next 5 years

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I just couldn't drive a car whose name literally says Killed In Action. Otherwise, they seem like a great buy for the money.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I drive a Hyundai Sonata, and I love it! Hyundai's are very good cars!

10. azmotogirl

azmotogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    We have owned two Kia vehicles...... a Spectra which we had a few issues with and now we have a Kia Soul and I love it. It does exactly what I need for a reasonable price. I have had it for almost two years now and only had to change the oil and rotate the tires.

The problem we had with the Spectra were all minor and under warranty so you can tell it didn't keep us from getting another Kia.

Hope that helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by