Anyone dye their eyelashes?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by One Acre Wonder Farm, May 26, 2010.

1. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    I am thinking about having it done. How often do you do it? Does it make a difference? Do you still wear mascara? Pros? Cons?

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know about the eyelashes, but two ladies here in the Real Estate office where I work have permanent eyeliner tatooed on their lids and they LOVE it. Make sure its someone who is really reputable and you have SEEN their work. Makes a big difference, because some are doing it and not well. Your eyes are something to be very careful with if you have cosmetic stuff done permanently.
  3. Mrs. Green Thumbs

Mrs. Green Thumbs Chillin' With My Peeps

I have one question.... ummm... why?
  4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I don't. Why do you want to dye yours?
  5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I had it done once at a salon...(my eyelashes are a real light blonde..)
    And it didnt last long at all .. because the dye they use isnt a real strong dye because of being so close to your eye...
  6. One Acre Wonder Farm

Feb 20, 2009
    Quote:thanks redhen, that is very helpful!
  7. One Acre Wonder Farm

Feb 20, 2009
    For those enquiring minds, I have long lashes but the tips are quite blonde. I saw a salon that offered this service and thought how nice it would be to get my lashes done, I could stop buying and applying mascara!
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  8. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    I've never heard of this. My lashes are very blonde, but they hit my glasses so I can't wear mascara. This sounds like a good alternative. I'm going to look into it!
  9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I often wonder, why do we put so much effort into our eyelashes? They are a functional thing...supposed to be kept healthy in order to work. They are a fleeting thing that barely anyone looks at because it's a normal part of our anatomy. I just can't understand it.

As for the eyeliner tattoo...omg. WHY?! Do you always want to look like an emo?! I see that and it makes me cringe.

I'm not trying to bash anyone for doing this, just trying to understand the reasoning behind these cosmetic procedures?
  10. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Quote:What is an emo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by