Anyone else buy this New Electronic Thermostat

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HallFamilyFarm, Jan 17, 2011.

1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Has anyone else bought this New Electronic Thermostat on any auction site? Our winning bid was $2.25 + $14.99 S/H. When it arrived the postage was only $1.73. The thermostat is actually a hot water heater thermostat that our local plumbing supply has available for less than $10.00 + sales tax. The one we "won" does work. We installed it in a brooder and have no issues with it. Just we overpaid. We paid a total of $15.51 over the actual postage. We plan on installing these on all our brooders. However, we will purchase them locally at the plumbing supply.

[​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Calling it "Electronic" makes it fraud.

3. robnms

robnms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Gulf Coast MS
    Did the seller have a pic of it? If not, I'd contact PayPal and demand a refund due to an incorrect item, that is not electronic. That is a snap action bi metal disc.

4. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    This is the seller's photo. And it does work. Just more cost on shipping than it should have.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Yep, they work just fine but if they called it "Electronic" then it is fraud. That is a mechanical thermostat. You cant auction off electronic ignition modules an ship points from a car in the 60s. I don't think it matters if there is a picture or not. I would make it clear to Ebay/Paypal that I bid on a "Electronic" thermostat an got a old fashioned mechanical one.

6. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    your money should be refunded and the Liar on ebay should be kicked off ebay so they cannot defraud anyone else if ebay does not kick them off they should be charged with fraud as well in court , in a perfect world. I would post the Liars ebay name on every forum as a fraud and a cheat that they are so others will not be cheated!!!

7. greeneacre

greeneacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Garner, nc
    Looks exactly like what I just bought at Lowe's for $9.99 plus tax.

8. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Yea I have them to but you just cant beat the old reliable wafer thermostat !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by