Anyone else craving...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by saddina, Aug 6, 2009.

1. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Thanksgiving turkey? For some reason today dry turkey and mashed potatoes sound soo good, but it's 90 outside so the oven on for 3 hours is a no-no.

2. bigkford

bigkford Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    Inject it with a marinade and deep fry it. Nothing comes out juicer or better tasting. Then add stuffing, masshed tators, gravy, homemade rolls, and anything else you can think of. Coleman stoves work well outsid in the heat. Your house will stay cool so you can go in enjoy your meal and a movie. Just my opinion. But I've done it, it really wrks out well.

3. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Mom just made roast chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. I got the leftovers and I ain't complaining [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] THat does sound goood! I get the skin! [​IMG]

5. bigkford

bigkford Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    Either injected deep fried or routissiery (spelling?) is even better than roasted. Redhen you can have the skin

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Thanks. [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh, and yeah..deep fried...*sigh* thats the best..

8. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My DH BBQ's our Thanksgiving turkey...MMMMM! My FIL disliked turkey until he tasted it bbq'd. Oh great...now I am hungry for turkey as well....LOL

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  9. bigkford

bigkford Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    Ok then, I haven't had dinner yet so lets all pick something to cook and meet in the middle. If it were only that easy! I love to cook and bake but dang cooking for 40 people for holidays you can't please everyone. We all seem to agree on what we like lets do holidays together. I have 4 deep friers, a smoker, The best with bbq turkey is smoke it with hickory wood. That comes out the best way. Then we have a friend who doesn't like chicken but likes chicken wings. Solution was deep fry the whole chicken make our sauce for the wings, then deboned the chicken and let it sit in the sauce overnight. Reheat right before time to eat. He is now eating the whole chicken. Was a crowd pleaser at my daughters grad party.

10. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Rotisserie? Mmmmmm....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: