1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone else doing the "chick wait"?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gg706, Mar 8, 2012.

1. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I am due to get my chicks in April. I have waited about 5 years to get my husband on board. Finally this is the year! I am having a hard time waiting! I want to email the breeder everyday so see what spot I am on the list. It is making me crazy! I have thought several times about going to TSC "just to look". I am going to resist this temptation.....Anyone else feel my pain doing the "chick wait"? [​IMG]

2. jakesbigpapa

jakesbigpapa Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    Ithaca, NY
    ME!!!!! We ordered our first brood (3 speckled sussex, 3 golden comets, 2 araucana) from the local AGWAY a couple of weeks ago, and they're coming in at the end of the month. My son (3 and a half) is very excited, but out of sight out of mind for a three year old. Myself on the other hand, I'm going crazy. To pass the time, I've been working on designing and building the coop/run in our backyard.

I've also had to resist the temptation to go and "just look" at the chicks at TSC.

3. TonySorrento

TonySorrento Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    South Wales, New York
    OH YEAH!!!! The chick wait SUCKS!!! LOL [​IMG]

But for me, the wait is almost over!!! 2 days from today I will be picking up the majority of my chicks from a local feed store [​IMG] ... My brooder is ready to go, and I am building my coop and run starting Saturday as well [​IMG]

I DID go to TSC to look ... and it was SOOOO difficult not buying some on the spot ... it's a good thing I had my wife there to pull me away ... and I had to pull her away from the baby ducks [​IMG]

Here is my "Chick Wait" journey thus far if you wanna see an obsessed Chick Waiter [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...of-my-plans-and-rooster-issue/30#post_8546125

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Yep - 35 eggs in my incubator. 2 more weeks to wait. [​IMG]

5. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Yup, I have 30 eggs in my incubator right now, today is day 11 for my duck eggs and day 4 for my chicken eggs. Its driving me crazy waiting. There's still 17 days to go! This Monday there will bw two week. Can't wait for them to hatch! Getting to anxious!

6. D Ellis

D Ellis New Egg

May 26, 2011
    Yes me!!! my chicks are supposed to ship on Monday, I have full grown chickens,but never chicks. I am so excited, nervous etc. Gonna get the brooder set up this weekend.Still confused about what kind of light to use.

7. gg706

Jul 5, 2011
    I REALLY enjoyed reading your story! I hope everything is going well! You and your wife seem like very special people. God Bless you to take in a child, that would be a very hard thing to do ....a perfect unselfish act! I am happy to know your wait is over and the fun is beginning! Let us all know how it works out. I will be checking your story regularly. God Bless.

8. gg706

Jul 5, 2011
    Thank You all for the replies! I am happy to know I am not the only one counting the days and acting like a lunatic waiting for the chick delivery! I am pretty sure my husband probably thinks I am crazy..... [​IMG]

9. TonySorrento

TonySorrento Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    South Wales, New York

Thank you, gg! To God be all the glory as we have all benefitted from Andrew! [​IMG]

Having chicks is such an awesome blessing! I am enjoying them so much and they are SOOOOO CUTE!!![​IMG]

I am so excited for you! You will LOVE them! Check out my page for new pics ... Keep us posted! [​IMG]

10. jakesbigpapa

jakesbigpapa Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    Ithaca, NY
    Two weeks from today.....just two more weeks....let's see...that's only 336 hours......20,160 minutes.....1,209,600 seconds......that's still a LONG TIME.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by