Anyone else enjoy paragliding?

Hoss1975

Songster
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
north central Indiana
Yes that's me circling the property yesterday,it's one of my favorite things to do.I also have a hang glider but it rarely get windy enough around here to do it safely.

paraglider004.jpg

paraglider005.jpg

big_smile.png

My FIL had one and didn't last long. The cynlinder broke on it after he bought it and ran it once. He still has some of the equipment but no motor, I think. POS if you ask me LOL! Hubby was not happy about his father spending that much money on something that would break down once after purchase.

Quote:
I have had mine for 5 years,the engine took a poop 2 years ago but i got a heck of a deal on an old snowmobile and rebuilt the engine and it's ran like a scalded dog ever since.

I'd LOVE to!
woot.gif

Got a bum hip that prohibits that type of activity now, but I "abandoned a perfectly good airplane" 3 times and loved it.

I am not terribly fond of heights, let alone the St Louis arch which I almost got sick in the elevator when my ears popped. Once I got up there, sat down for a bit and I was fine. Going back again was awful. It never bothered me but now it does. Never tried flying in an airplane, paragliding and its a nervous feeling about being in the air for a bit and override your instincts to enjoy the view. Hope it is not the same thing LOL!

I must admit the fact that it's just a parachute and an old engine that's keeping me from falling to my death scares the crap out of me.But my overwhelming need to fly overrides that fear.

Back
Top Bottom