Anyone else enjoy paragliding?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hoss1975, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hoss1975

Hoss1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    Yes that's me circling the property yesterday,it's one of my favorite things to do.I also have a hang glider but it rarely get windy enough around here to do it safely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My FIL had one and didn't last long. The cynlinder broke on it after he bought it and ran it once. He still has some of the equipment but no motor, I think. POS if you ask me LOL! Hubby was not happy about his father spending that much money on something that would break down once after purchase.

3. Hoss1975

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    Quote:I have had mine for 5 years,the engine took a poop 2 years ago but i got a heck of a deal on an old snowmobile and rebuilt the engine and it's ran like a scalded dog ever since.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I live in sky hippie country (hang gliders). Not a lot of powered parachutes around but but the sky is full of hang gliders all the time... Trees are full of them too.

Wouldn't mind having one of these though an learning to fly it.

[​IMG]
    http://www.searey.com/

Be great for fishing.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I'd LOVE to! [​IMG]

Got a bum hip that prohibits that type of activity now, but I "abandoned a perfectly good airplane" 3 times and loved it.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I am not terribly fond of heights, let alone the St Louis arch which I almost got sick in the elevator when my ears popped. Once I got up there, sat down for a bit and I was fine. Going back again was awful. It never bothered me but now it does. Never tried flying in an airplane, paragliding and its a nervous feeling about being in the air for a bit and override your instincts to enjoy the view. Hope it is not the same thing LOL!

7. Hoss1975

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    I must admit the fact that it's just a parachute and an old engine that's keeping me from falling to my death scares the crap out of me.But my overwhelming need to fly overrides that fear.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    And a security measure of having a parachute on your back LOL!

9. Hoss1975

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    Quote:Well the chute wouldn't do much good if the engine quit,you would still hit the ground hard enough to do some real damage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by