1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone else excited to be getting chicks in the mail soon???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by steelersfan43, Mar 25, 2012.

1. steelersfan43

steelersfan43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    Where are yours coming from? How many and what kind did you order??

We're expecting ours this week. We ordered Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, White Laced Red Cornish, Barred Rock, & Road Island Red From Murray McMurray. Sixty chicks all together.

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I have just 15 from Meyer Hatchery due this week. 5 RIR, 4 Aust, 6 BR but, I have 28 eggs in bator and have already gotten 7 Op and 6 BR chicks in brooders. Still hoping to get some EE chicks from TSC.

3. steelersfan43

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    We've been hatching too. I have about 60 chicks in a brooder pen in the barn and two full incubators going. We've been hatching EE's, Olive Eggers, Silkies, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Blue and Splash Orpingtons, and a few ducks. Have 6 goose eggs also that I'm trying for a friend. Going to be overrun with chicks pretty soon :) Hope you find the EE's you want at TSC.

4. fried green eggs

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Thanks, You've had a busy Spring LOL Gotta love that chicken math LOL

5. steelersfan43

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    We definitely have! We have 4 incubators now that we have going all the time. One is used for our lock down bator. I told my husband I think we need to get a sportsman next spring. I am running out of room and have eggs "waiting for their turn" to go in. I've even been shipping fertile hatching eggs when I know I'm going to have an excess. We love it though. I can't deny that chickens are addictive lol

6. fried green eggs

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I first EE are in my homemade hatching bator and due to hatch tomorrow? I kept heat consistent at 99.5 to 100.0 but, had humidity run between 25% to 39% in incubator bator. My Hatcher humidity dropped last night to 65% and now I have it at 70% . I hope I have kept humidity level correct during incubation? There seems to be a huge range of what people think is correct levels to get a good hatch. What do you like to keep yours at?

7. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I still have a few weeks before mine come in from 3 different places. But I got eggs coming in this week!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by