Anyone else expecting chicks around 10/06?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenMom-AK49, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ChickenMom-AK49

ChickenMom-AK49 Out Of The Brooder

So this was a first for me and my family! I purchased two Brinsea Mini Advance fully digital 7 egg incubators! One of my incubators has two store bought apparently 'fertile' eggs in it, though as of my candling on day 6 there is nothing going on just a dark blob that moves as I move the egg. I'm suspecting that is the yolk moving about which if I am correct means there is not any embryo development going on. Now the 2 eggs were fertile store bought eggs, and because my girls are on strike and not laying at the moment. I felt as though I had to FILL one of my incubators. My alternative were eggs in my fridge. That had been there 3 weeks! [​IMG]

As of day 6 out of the five eggs that were refrigerated from my girls... 4 of them have veins and you can see a lot of development! I am so excited! Three of the four are silkie X ee cross and their mothers produce amazing olive colored eggs [​IMG], their dad was my blue silkie rooster. The fourth egg was from my 3 year old son's chickens, his rooster (who he carries around happily all day outside) is a bantam buff colored cochin and the mother is either his bantam Rhode Island Red or his bantam red cochin. I am excited and hoping the baby is a little cochin. My son was bound and determined to NOT eat this egg, and it sat in the fridge for 3 weeks as well and seems as though it's beginning to thrive! [​IMG]

I really am hoping that all 4 of the babies end up hatching, that would be a dream come true. We are all SO excited about their arrival and I can't wait for the day to arrive. They should be hatching around/on 10/06/12 according to the day I set the eggs that is 21 days after their setting.

Would love to know if others have babies hatching at a similar time and I'll continue to post progress on our eggs! Soon around day 10-12 when I candle again I'll post photos of the eggs. This is such an amazing experience!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just a peek. This is my ol' silkie rooster who is proud 'daddy' to three of the currently developing peepers! [​IMG] Don't tell him I said so but if he wasn't such a good boy I probably would have sold him considering that he looks like a rockstar, mullet wearing, half chicken half T-Rex (LOL) [​IMG] His babies I've seen from his previous home were cute though!

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    My silkie is sitting on 18 eggs! due Oct. 3rd !

3. ChickenMom-AK49

ChickenMom-AK49 Out Of The Brooder

How exciting for you! :) Let us know how that goes and please post pics when they hatch! It will help me get over being 'broody' myself. (lol)
    I'm spending a lot of my inside time staring at these babies!

4. Double Laced

Double Laced Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2012
    Yorkshire
    I'm expecting about 42 Light Sussex about the 14th .

5. thebanthams

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    I was like that Everyday I stared at the little window (even on the third day !) waiitng for them to hatch ! the fun part its when they start hatching like crazy! I was being a happy mom ! Now I got a broody hen and thats different ! But I like her cute face, she is being a serious mommy !
    [​IMG]

6. seventreesfarm

seventreesfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2012
    Everson, WA
  7. Rick677

Rick677 Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2012
    Norwalk, OH
    I have 15 eggs under a 7 month old Buff Orpington hen, fondly named 'Arwen'. Even after years of having chickens, I'm still surprised that this one went broody. She is very young, only laid for 6 weeks and is hatchery bought. Anyway, I put the eggs under her around 6 p.m. Thursday, September 13th. There are 5 Blue Orpingtons, 5 Lavender Orpingtons and 5 Splash Marans. Wish me luck... I'll be even more surprised if she sticks with it for two more weeks.

8. thebanthams

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    I came home from work to find my other hen a Dominique sitting on Minnies eggs ! Minnie went to a different box and sat on other eggs ! So tonight I am going to move Minnie back where she belongs and move the other hen in a different box ! aauurrrgg!! [​IMG]

9. Nottinghamranch

Nottinghamranch Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    Texas
    We are expecting our 19 eggs by the 10th. They are from my daughters black hen. My daughet is 8 and is so excited to be a grandma. [​IMG]lol I pray that she has a few hatch if not all. Happy hatching.

10. Rick677

Rick677 Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2012
    Norwalk, OH
    Thursday night - Friday morning... She stuck with it all this time. Hope she'll make it four more days!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by