ANYONE ELSE EXPECTING MM'S CHICKS TODAY?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by momto2, May 19, 2008.

1. momto2

momto2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I'm in Maine expecting my chicks from mm's today. No call yet.

2. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Oh, how exciting! I'm in Bangor and my chicks arrived from ideal in two days. I got the call from the post office at 7:05 am. Let us know when they get there! Good luck![​IMG]:weee

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I would call mcmurray if they are not there yet and see it they can track them down. They might have been sent to the depot po near you. I really hope you find them today.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Mine are being shipped on the 21st from Ideal! Should get them on the 23rd... I sure hope you find yours today! I would be SO worried! GOOD LUCK!

5. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I would definitely call around. It is hard to find actual phone numbers for P.O.s sometimes but don't give up. My local P.O. was nice enough to bring them directly to me from the depot/ sorting center place (can't remember the offical name right now!) thus bypassing a secondary sorting center and the local P.O. and mail carrier, but ONLY because I had called several times in advance, explained I was waiting the chicks, and left my name and number. I'm sure rural P.O.s are used to getting chick shipments and they can probably tell you where the package is likely to show up first. Ask them if you can just pick it up there, rather than wait all the extra hours, possibly day, for it to go though the various sorting offices to your local delivery guy.....

6. momto2

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    They are here!!! I brought two sad kids to school this morning(sad because they woke up early to get the phone call from the po.) When I got home I had a message saying the chicks were in. So I went back to school to get kids so they could come to the po with me. Only one was dead. But the other 25 are very lively. They are tooo cute.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Yeah! SO happy for you and what a sweet mommy to let the kids go with you!

8. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    Wow, What a cool mom to go back and get the kids for the adventure!!

9. momto2

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Just thought I'd share some pics. Does anyone know what kind of chick this is?

[​IMG].com/albums/nn132/vickimcb/chicks5-19-08003.jpg[/IMG]

10. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Congratulations on the new arrivals!!!! Pic didn't come through (at least on my machine) could you try again?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by