Anyone else get spotted eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by plumtownwingers, Dec 18, 2013.

1. plumtownwingers

plumtownwingers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2012
    I get 2 or 3 of these everyday. I think they are from my blue wyandottes. [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nice eggs! I'd be hatching a bunch of them.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yep, I get them from my Wwlsummer, and from a mixed breed lady I get green eggs with brown speckles. Have to be careful as the speckles wash right off!

4. 3chickchicks

3chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    N. Texas
    I have a SLW who puts on a few speckles. [​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Yep. My welsummers, barnevelders, hatchery BR and my Isbar all give me speckled eggs.

6. Chickmagnet36

Chickmagnet36 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2012
    Southern Massachusetts
    I've gotten some from my red sex-links.

7. sbhkma

sbhkma Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my cuckoo marans gives me spotted eggs. Right now she's just coming out of a molt and starting to lay again. I tried to tell her chickens don't molt their first year, but she didn't listen! Out of 5 birds, 4 of them are molting at 10 months and yup, I'm sure of the age.

8. Aleks

Aleks Out Of The Brooder

Yes I also get spotted eggs. I have Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons and Cucoo Marans. I tend to get them more often than not and donrae is right, they wash right off!

9. kkcummins

kkcummins Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2013
    I also get speckled eggs. Some have dark brown speckles and another is laying brown eggs with white speckles. Don't know who is laying what due to my work schedule I cn't be home when they are laying in the mornings. I have BA, SLW, RIR, LB, GSL, and BSL. Any ideas as to who might be laying what?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by