Anyone else getting ready for some new baby hatching?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newbiechickie, Mar 20, 2013.

1. newbiechickie

newbiechickie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    I have babies that are supposed to be hatching in about 4 days. Just wanted to see if anyone else out there has some that are reaching their 21 days!! [​IMG]

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    good luck and relax! be patient til day 23 or so before panicking, my chicks hatched a couple of sundays ago on days 22/23 the RIR was a bought though 4 in front are 4 of my babes.
    [​IMG]

3. JW21

JW21 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2012
    I've got 40 due Saturday night/Sunday. They are mutts. EE rooster with RIR and amber link hens. Can't wait to see what they look like.

4. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    cool! I have 10 mutts as well!

5. rockinro

rockinro Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2013
    I've got 4 ready to hatch in 3 days and 4 ready to hatch in 6 days!!!! 4 are French Black Copper Marans from France, 1 BO, 2 GLWs, and 1RIR. Can't wait!!!!

6. noahsmom

noahsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2013
    North Eastern, Ky
    This is my FIRST hatch period, I'm brand NEW to chickens and I have 26 to hatch in 7days!!!! [​IMG]

7. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    Jw21- here is RIR/EE mix brown ones.

[​IMG]

8. noahsmom

noahsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2013
    North Eastern, Ky
    Aww, they are so cute! :) all these chick picks I'm seeing is helping my chick fix lol but not helping my impatience at the same time. ;p

9. CarolineNH

CarolineNH Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2010
    Sandown, NH
    I set a batch on March 1 (afternoon), have 10 in the Turn-X incubator. I heard faint peeping yesterday, and last night saw one egg rocking slightly, but here it is day 21 and no pipping yet! I can't stand it!![​IMG]
    Of course, I have all kinds of running around to do today, and won't be home most of the day. Hopefully there will be something drying in the incubator when I get home.

I've had some pretty unfortunate (non)hatches. I think I got everything right this time - no supplemental humidity until two days ago, temp has been rock-steady. I will be so upset if nothing hatches! (I told hubby if that happens, I'm buying a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance to try to get something right.)

10. JW21

JW21 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2012
    gimmie birdies those are good lookin little chicks. That picture is just going to make these next few days drag out even more. I hope I get a good mix of colors like that but I'm afraid they may all be red since my EE roo is red as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by