ANYONE ELSE GOING BROKE ON SHIPPING THE SWAPS?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by willow, Jun 27, 2008.

1. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    I don't know about anyone else but the postage for shipping my trades is CRAZY!! I am wondering if it is worth the cost and risk to send out the eggs. I have spent way over $100.00 so far and that is just postage, not including bubble wrap, etc. [​IMG]

I LOVE the trading but this is nuts. [​IMG]

2. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i use the smallest box i can get away with, i notice that people are sending huge boxes, less packing, less weight, but i also have noticed the increase in postage,so i am swaping only if i really really want the eggs.

3. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:I reuse boxes that were sent to me to save money. I got eggs from buster in a pampers box [​IMG] I don't think it matters what type of box you ship it in, as long as it get there. I also found a huge role of bubble wrap on sale at home depot, and bought 4 of those. But I'm going to have to hold off on the swaps for a while, unless something special comes up. The P.O. prices just keep getting higher [​IMG]

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I reuse every thing I can. Bubble wrap, peanuts, and boxes! I am only getting the eggs that I REALLY want. Or on the other swap the things that I REALLY want. I love watching the swap go. I do wish I could get more but, I do what I can. The most I have spent on shipping so far has been $9.00 and that was split between me and a friend. (We are sharing the eggs) I am just careful as to what I get. [​IMG]

***BTW***
    You can get free boxes from the USPS. I get mine from there. http://ebaysupplies.usps.com/ They are 100% free!!!!! Trust me. I have got them many times!!! [​IMG] There is no shipping and handling and they do not cost a thing!!!! Just thought you might want to know.

5. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Harley's girl :

I reuse every thing I can. Bubble wrap, peanuts, and boxes! I am only getting the eggs that I REALLY want. Or on the other swap the things that I REALLY want. I love watching the swap go. I do wish I could get more but, I do what I can. The most I have spent on shipping so far has been $9.00 and that was split between me and a friend. (We are sharing the eggs) I am just careful as to what I get. [​IMG]

***BTW***
    You can get free boxes from the USPS. I get mine from there. http://ebaysupplies.usps.com/ They are 100% free!!!!! Trust me. I have got them many times!!! [​IMG] There is no shipping and handling and they do not cost a thing!!!! Just thought you might want to know.

I just checked that website out. Do we click on order 10/25 boxes or is there another link?​

6. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    To help you out also. Order the Priority stickers in the thousand roll as they are free and make great tape for taping a wrap around the eggs and taping cartons closed. My P.O. gives me rolls of Priority tape which is at there discretion to due. I ship often so they oblige when I ask. One roll lasts a long time though. I order boxes of 25 in the small size and the Flat rate box size that is 8.95 when shipped. I can get 2 doz eggs in that gox easy and doz in the smaller box. I am not swapping but thought this might help some of you out.

7. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I am not even sending many eggs and I've spent over $50.00 in shipping so far. Yikes! I've gotta slow down.

8. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Where do you order them from? The website above or another one?

9. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I just checked out the USPS website and you can save so much money! They offer pretty much everything free! And if you have a printer you can print out your own lables. This is deffiently a way to save a lot of money.

10. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    In 3 weeks I have spent around $200.00 on shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by