Anyone else hatching tomorrow??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyAnimalGirl, Aug 21, 2010.

1. CrazyAnimalGirl

CrazyAnimalGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    I am in lockdown, supposed to hatch tomorrow/Monday. I went from 25 or something down to 4!! But i'm afraid only one or two will hatch. Ok, honestly maybe ONE if I get lucky. I'm so disappointed!!!!

I borrowed an old scientific teaching incubator from my gpa and it hasn't been very reliable.

I also have a cat that will not give birth! I think she's been pregnant for a few decades or something

2. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I have chicks due on Monday but they have pipped now. It would not surprise me if they were out by tomorrow though. Good luck with your one...Or two.

3. I'm so sorry! Just shout if you want to try some more eggs.
    We need to get you some chicks hatching!

Nothing hatching here til Wed.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    My lockdown is tomorrow. They will probably start hatching Monday, while i'm at jury duty. [​IMG]

I'm glad to do jury duty; i just wish i didn't have to miss the hatch.

Ohh! I should go candle!

5. pfmoore17

pfmoore17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    CT
    I go into lockdown Monday with 15 Marans eggs, 6 Black Copper and 9 Blue. I started with 18, so I am pleased considering they came from 3000 miles away.

6. CrazyAnimalGirl

CrazyAnimalGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    Oh yay, sounds like a big chick bday party soon!

Lisa,
    I've kinda accumulated a lot of chicks since putting the eggs in the bator (prob to try and make up for my eggtastophy). I am sad that they all died on me but i've got my hands full!! I was so dang excited about those naked necks and the frizzles and well all of them. But the bator's makin my electric bill flip out, especially with my brooder, so I think I will retire from incubating. Maybe when I get a broody hen, then I will see if she will take other eggs and maybe order some more! Or get a new incubator. One day.

What do you have hatching??

7. Redcatcher

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I am hatching Silkied Americaunas and F-1. I posted in the Silkie Americauna thread but after 100+ pages, people are mostly apathetic there now. It looks like there is a little more enthusiasm here.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  8. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I have something or another hatching about every 3 days. About that cat..... you better call Guiness Book of World Records! "Cat Pregnant for a Few Decades! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Redcatcher

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    Two eggs hatched overnight. Both extremely vigorous but early. The other eggs are going to be a little tricky. They came in two shipments so they were set three days apart making it a staggered hatch. I started marking the second group but forgot to do a few and set them so these remaining ones could be due tomorrow or next Wednesday. Likely they are from the later group because the first got lost in the mail for a few days and may be at a disadvantage.

10. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I just put 8 BCM eggs and 3 Olive Egger eggs into lockdown this morning! Should be hatching Wednesday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by