Anyone else have a Cricket phone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by phaethona, Nov 18, 2010.

1. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

I got a cricket phone a few months ago, I signed up for the $40/month unlimited talk/text deal, no contract. For the first few months I paid my bill early, but last month my husband was laid off and so I had to let them turn it off until I could make a payment. Now I'm all confused, I know I could just ask customer service about this, but I can't get a live person unless I go to a cricket store in person. So...

Okay here's my question:
    My last on-time payment was for the billing cycle 9-14-2010 thru 10-14-2010. I couldn't afford to pay it by 10-14-2010 so they turned it off. Then on 11-10-2010 I made a payment which should have been for 11-10-2010 to 12-20-2010, but instead they shut me off again 4 days later. So essentially I paid $48 for 4 days of service. How fair is that? Is that the way it's supposed to work? you pay for service whether you have it or not? I think the should have reset the billing cycle so that when I paid for another month, I got another month, not four days for the price of a month. [​IMG]

2. phaethona

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    bump

anybody?

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I think with Cricket, when they turn you off for non or late payment the charges keep accruing. If you stop the service and are paid up then you're square with them.

eta: (even though it's "month to month")

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  4. phaethona

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:you may be right, this is the first time I've had it turned off so I didn't really understand how that works. It just doesn't make any sense to charge someone for service they don't receive [​IMG]

I wish I could call them but...no phone service. [​IMG]

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    You should be able to hit I think it's *66 or *61 and that will call customer service. And yes it doesn't make since to charge for a service that isn't being used but in there scheme of things it is [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by