Anyone else have Belgian Quail D'Anvers? (pics)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkieluvr, Jan 13, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Hey guys,
    Just got home from the show in Stockton California. It was such a great learning experience and (the best part) we came home with 3 new chickens! [​IMG] We originallyhad chosen to just get our new pair of barred rock bantams (pictures are coming soon) but at the last minute I found an adorable little D'Anver. Heres a picture of her, she is soooo sweet and I already love this breed after just owning her for one day! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone else own any of them if you do PLEASe post pics of the little cuties and if not I HIGHLY reccomend you go buy yourself a few right now!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Beautiful little lady!!

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Alyssa you were so funny with your mom when you were trying to talk her into letting you get her. You were carrying her around and were all "moooom? I really like her." and shes just like "thats nice go put her back" and you were like "but shes so small she wont take up any room! We can put her in with the mille fleurs!" haha good stuff

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I was admiring them at the show in mass this weekend. They are adorable, your very lucky you were able to get such beauties.

5. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    My poultry buddy has a little quail d'anver hen. We plan on getting more [​IMG]

6. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Now I'm working on either getting one more hen for her to have a "friend" lol or convincing my parents to let me keep her in the house [​IMG] we'll see how that goes [​IMG]

7. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I did have but, I just sold my last pair. They are nice birds.

8. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    PRETTY!!! [​IMG]

9. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    she's adorable![​IMG]

10. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Thanks everyone for the comments [​IMG] she really is one of my favorite birds I have ever owned. She is just getting used to peoplebut is slowly becoming a very sweet hen. I'll keep updates on hows shes doing ever so often and post more pics later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by