Anyone else have this problem with selling on ebay?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by duckncover, Feb 16, 2009.

1. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I sold a few things and now paypal says I can't collect it until I recieve positive feedback or after 21 days?!?

The person I'm dealing with should have left it by now....I don't think their going to.

Anyone have any advice.

I don't have a printer so I shipped it down the post office instead of the print shipping label thing...

~Thanks

2. ashtray

ashtray Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    last spring/ summer ebay changed some of the rules for cell phone , cameras and other small electronics to cut back on the fraud they were having with these kind of auctions , after the buyer leaves you a + feedback the funds will be cleared . i would emal the buyer and ask that they leave a pos feedback .... how long has it ben since you shipped the item??

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Yes I had it happen several times. It got really interesting when I had a saddle to ship, but they were holding all of the funds, including the shipping, until it was received. I always used the ClickNShip with Paypal, and send things Priority and it usually clears a day or so after receipt.

I recently sold a couple of expensive items, but the money cleared right away. I wonder if it's related to the number of good feedback comments left, or the number of items sent and received.

4. ashtray

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    i never ship anything intill the funds have cleared..to many scammers out there

5. ashtray

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
  6. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Quote:The funds don't clear until you ship and it has been received, that's the OPs problem.

7. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Have you given them feedback? If you have then write them a small email letting them know you left them with positive feedback and you hope they will do the same upon arrival of their item. You as the seller cannot leave negative feedbacks anymore so it would make sense to leave them positive feedback if they have paid you. I alway leave it as soon they pay me. If I don't see a feedback I write them and ask if they received their item and if it is ok. It's the way I do business.
    However, I am sure most wait until the buyer leaves feedback first.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  8. ashtray

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    Quote:The funds don't clear until you ship and it has been received, that's the OPs problem.

the op must have bad feedback or not enough feedback .. i have never had that problem. i just sold a intercooled twin turbo setup with a afm pms piggyback programmer that i had on my drag car for $3,800 the buyer paid the same day the auction ended and i transfered the funds to my checking acount the next day i have never had to wait for funds to clear to ship anything on ebay ... the payment from the buyer is always instant as soon as the hit the pay button it shopw up in my paypal account . maybe th op should contact paypal and see what the deal is

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  9. Personally, I would not sell on Ebay again. They have changed the rules for the seller and made it difficult for them to recover monies from a bad buyer. You can not even give them bad feedback. You have to give them good feedback. Many buyers will wait until you give them good feedback because they know you HAVE TO before they give you a good rating. Some wait for yours and never give theirs and the money just sits in the pay pal account. I know of some that have even had the buyer ask for the money back because they did not get a good feedback. This auction has turned into a complete rip off for the seller. NEVER again. I use craigslist now.

10. ashtray

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    Quote:so much of your comment is so wrong i dont know where to begin .. the only thing ebay has changed is the feed back system because sellers would retaliate with a neg feedback when they received a neg fb they deserved. the whole holding the funds deal is because the seller either has bad feedback not enough feedback or is selling an item that ebay has had problems with in the past like cell phones camera etc

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by