Anyone else having problem with Ideal????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lindamass15, Mar 27, 2009.

1. lindamass15

lindamass15 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2007
    Is there anyone out there who didn't get their shipment of chicks from Ideal? Mine was sent out on the 25th and the last couple of time when I order from them I usually got it the day after it was ship or two days latter never ever had to wait for an extra day, now I'm really worried. I call the postoff twice once at 7:30 and then a noon no one knows anything about it. (I have been trying to get a hold of ideal but at the moment no one is picking up).

thanks from mn

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. Kimiko

Kimiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    riverside
    I got mine the next day (I'm in California) 3/5/09.

Reading through the posts it sounds like there have been some post office snafus.

3. gimme sum eggs

gimme sum eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2009
    South Branch, MI
    We had the same ship date as you from Ideal, 3-25. They got here on 3-26 and doing very well here on day 2. No complaints here.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    That's not Ideal, it's the PostOffice.

I have never ever had a problem with Ideal, they do exactly what they say they are going to do, when they say they are going to or call or email me.

The Post Office on the other hand routinely loses, crushes, even deliberately sends chicks all over the earth except where they've been sent.

They have been known to mess up a "three leg" delivery in the same state, that should take a day and takes instead two three or four days.

Unfortunately among the entire postal service there appears to be a percentage - running in the 15-20 percent range of postal workers, considering the number of failed shipments of eggs and chicks that don't care or are actively destructive or lazy.

Shipments have been maliciously rerouted. Shipments have been deliberately shaken, kicked and crushed. Shipments are often lost, misplaced and misrouted. In the majority if you contact them they blink at you, gee... dunno.

On the other hand Ideal is not a branch of Government, they actually generally care about customer service and every time I have had something happen with them, I'm notified and they make it right.

5. lindamass15

Dec 23, 2007
    i finnaly got a hold of them, they said that they didn't have enough to fill my order so they pushed it off to april 1, they didn't even bother to call me and let me know so i sat my heart out for the last three day waiting for them like a child waiting for her parents to come with some candy only now dispointed.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Sorry lindamass I understand. I would be ticked off if they did that to me. I use meyer hatchery and have no intentions of usign anyone else. I got an email that day saying the girls were on the way and they were here the next day. [​IMG]

7. Kimiko

Kimiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    riverside
    They were very good about e-mailing me - check your trash/spam filter?

8. lindamass15

Dec 23, 2007
    Quote:thanks, at frist I was told that they didn't have an order for me then I told them that I placed the order months ago(i thin feb) and they just withdrawl money about a week ago so i was sure i had an order.

thanks i feel much better now.

9. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:That does not sound like Ideal, check your emails, check your phone messages. They always call me with even the slightest of deviation.

10. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    I was going to order from ideal hatchery and they told me they wouldn't have the birds I wanted till late may. I have to go on vacation with the family on the first week of June so there is no way I'm going to order chicks right before I have to leave for 4 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by