1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone Else in Love... (coffee related)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coffeemama, Mar 17, 2009.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    with their French press? I am. I think coffee is good in general, but the French press caresses the grounds just so, and the outcome is heaven in a cup. Anyone else use one?

2. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    I'm a dedicated coffee drinker too, but haven't heard of a french press. I don't get out much. But I do love coffee!!

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Oh yes. Our coffee is always either french press or using our little stovetop percolating espresso maker (that way we can have lattes). Our coffee of choice is Pacifica Coffee Co.'s River Mud, but all of their coffee is lovely. Plus, they are a local roaster, so it's nice and fresh. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Oh, thanks for reminding me that I've got one! I'm having girlfriends over this weekend for brunch but don't own a drop machine, so press it is!

5. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    It looks like this [​IMG]

You boil water then pour it over the grounds. After it sits for a bit you slowly push the press down and it traps the grounds in the bottom leaving a delish brew.

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Quote:Pacific or Pacifica? Maybe Pacifica has changed names since I used them. They were located in Corvallis too.

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Quote:Pacific or Pacifica? Maybe Pacifica has changed names since I used them. They were located in Corvallis too.

Nope, it was just me typing too fast and not paying attention!

8. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    I have to admit to also being very fond of my french Press. Love a good cup of coffee. Also into experimenting with iced and smoothies, all coffee that is.

[​IMG]

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono

Nope, it was just me typing too fast and not paying attention!

I [​IMG] Pacifica. Yummy!

10. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Thanks...no I have to go and get me one of those!!!

No one really understands my love for coffee (DH thinks I am nuts to go spend over $3.00 on coffee).

Brother-in law sends us some of the best coffee from Hawaii and it's the best!

~Tiff~

ps. since DH is out of town I can go get my $3.00 coffee a few times this week!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by