Anyone else is de-cluttering their house today???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Jan 1, 2009.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I tell you what! It never ceases to amaze me how much "junk" I can pack into my home! [​IMG] I am grateful that my 4 year-old DD has been so cooperative. She sat with me in her room for 45 minutes throwing out toys she doesn't want or need. Thank heavens she's been so practical! Now if I could just get my other 4 children to cooperate that well, I'd have it made! [​IMG]

So I've tackled her room and the overly stuffed bookshelf. Now on to the rest of the house! [​IMG]

Think I'll actually find time to clean the coop today?!?! If I was MissP, maybe, but I don't know if I'm that good! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I am cleaning, again, today! It seems like it never stops. I have four very destructive little children that walk behind me making a mess as I'm cleaning the mess in front of me. UGH! It's all good! I love these little people. [​IMG]

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Good for you Gumps...I am starting the process tomorrow......

4. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    I got all the decorations down,it's amazing how clean everything looks now,like a new house.I love the Holidays,but am relieved when all is put away till next year....[​IMG]

5. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    Gump, you inspired me to clean out my closet.I'm donating everything I haven't worn in the past year to "Goodwill".I'll never fit in them again,so why keep them....[​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    No kids to blame it on, but I have been de-cluttering for a solid year! I started ebaying in Jan. 2008. Most of the stuff is inherited and I have no use and/or space for it. I rarely list on ebay any more, but there are others. Consider it, I have made a tidy little sum this year, working from home, and best place for selling vintage stuff is etsy.com!

Edited for trying to get a workable link, not getting it! But anyway, www.auntsallysattic.com

I will be more than happy to help/advise anyone get set up! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  7. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I am taking today off.[​IMG]

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    MissP is still sickly and flopped on the couch.

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I didn't know that were sick! Is it still the earache and stuff?

10. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    I've got a houseful of people eating waffles and crepes and will be burning brush later. Holiday clean-up won't start until tomorrow morning. I declutter year-round--there's always a box or bag for Goodwill going in my closet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by