1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone else keep planted aquariums?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by venymae, Dec 13, 2015.

1. venymae

venymae Prairie Wind

Aug 18, 2014
    Manhappiness, Kansas
    I keep a 20 gallon long shrimp tank. Love it. Lots of plants and keeps me happy in winter! Anyobody else? Let me see your tank!

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I used to have a planted 10 gallon tank with some Cory cats and platys. I also had one male Betta. I loved that tank! I don't currently have a fish tank, but once I move to a place that is more stable (not a temporary grad school apartment) I would love to have a big tank. I really want fancy goldfish or angelfish.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  3. Quailgenes

Quailgenes Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2015
    Indiana, US
    Trying to start one haven't gotten pass having a bunch of plants floating in my tank. I have a brown thumb but some seem to do better than others.

4. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    I've got a planted 55. But I'm sorry to say it's very neglected. [​IMG] I need to sell the whole setup.

5. BabyandCotton

BabyandCotton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2016
    Florida
    Hey! I am looking at those right now. Could I see some pictures of your set up? Do you have any fish in with the shrimp? Thank you!
    -Liv

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by