1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone else kiss their chickens??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hen_House_Rocks!, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Hen_House_Rocks!

Hen_House_Rocks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    My husband teases me for loving on my chickens. I enjoy cuddling with them and kissing their warm soft little heads!! They are just too adorable not to! Now my 5 year old is following suit. She is always burrying her face in their feathers and talking baby-talk to them. It's the cutest thing! I know they are clean. As clean or cleaner than our dog and cat, so I say why not??

I'm curious... who else out there is a chicken cuddler? Just so I can show my dear hubby that I am not the only one out there.

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I kiss my goose, on his feathery head, and my 4 year old kisses her duck... but io don't kiss chickens, too pointy!

3. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

never, just don't ask DH to back me up on that answer Lol.

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Nope....can't say that I do! Now my dogs.....different story.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
  6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG] I would NEVER stoop so low as to kiss a chi.....

Okay, so maybe a friendly peck on the cheek. [​IMG]

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:You meant "a friendly peck on the chook!". Busted!

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    whaaaaa? gritsar kisses chickens, ack!

okay, fine! i fess up! i kiss mine all the dang time too. ALL the time. especially Henry. i can't help it. he's just to darned cute. and easy to catch! [​IMG] we have well over 300 chickens and all of 'em get kisses when caught. even the meaties! meaties need love too you know!

we kiss the turkeys, geese, quail, ducks and whatever else happens to be roaming about. except anything that i whack with my shovel. [​IMG]

9. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Urm... [​IMG] One of my chicks is really close to me and I may have done it once... or twice.. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:You meant "a friendly peck on the chook!". Busted!

Oops, I guess I better go hide in my shame. Also known as taking a nap....after I go plant a big wet sloppy one on my roo. He hates human love. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by