Anyone else not a fan of Christmas music?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I like Christmas and all - spending time with my family, relaxing for one day of the year, and giving out a few little gifts, but Christmas music is a thing of torture for me. I hate it, hate it, hate it! My mom loves to play Christmas music every day starting on Black Friday and it drives me (and my father) nuts! I guess I hate it because it's so redundant. Every year it's the same old songs, just sung by different artists.

Anyone else like me? People just don't understand why I hate Christmas music so much!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Over and over. Again and again. Geesh....

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I like Christmas music but not in the stores when they turn it way up and it's some singer trying to hit the highest and most longest notes...I call it "wailing"...that I CANNOT stand!!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    HUbby despites it and I don't like it if I am not in the mood. Hated it this year because they played it last month so early. Jeez!

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I like Christmas music, but the stores and radio stations seem to play the same 20 songs by the same artists over & over & over & over & over...

See where I'm going with this [​IMG]

Imp- year after year after year after year...

6. Hi! I like Christmas music on Christmas Day and a few days before --- maybe a week.
    Don't care to hear it any other time.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

7. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I'm a fan but I don't want to hear only it for a month or more. Good thing some radio stations play other stuff!

8. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on CD and it's the ONLY Christmas music to be played. Everything else annoys me, BAD.

9. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I love love love Christmas music! Only get to hear it for a couple weeks out of the whole year. I always look forward to it, and enjoy it immensely. [​IMG]

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Put me down as another who dislikes Christmas music. And the earlier they start to play it each year the less I like it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by