ANYONE ELSE ON HERE IN NORTH EAST PA?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chicky gal1, May 2, 2009.

1. chicky gal1

chicky gal1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    PA
    I'm looking to start up a local group of fellow BYCers to maybe do a chick/egg swap. maybe get chick food & supplies wholesale if we all go in together & place a large order. Just to share ideas and brainstorm a bit!! I'd also love to see your coop, if your close enough, still finishing mine [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    pleased to meet you I'm in PA near Pottsville. I'm looking at building a coop within the next two weeks.

3. chicky gal1

Apr 5, 2009
    PA
    come on up to clarks summit and see mine. my poor husband has built 4 so far!! [​IMG] We are up to 31 chickens as of yesterday, and I think I've been cut off! how many do you have?

amy [​IMG]

4. Brown Eggs

Brown Eggs Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2009
    Newfoundland Pa
    Hi Im here in Pa Newfoundland in the poconos We are working on our coop now as of right now we have 80+ black sexlinks (F)
    3 pekin ducks and 4 rosters trying to upload pics of coop.

5. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Near Clarion!

I will post pictures tomorrow!

c

6. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I am also in PA Far NW corner near the lake and the Ohio line. [​IMG]

7. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hi, I am I Chester Springs,Pa. About 35mi. west of Phila.
    [​IMG]
    I have Bantam Ameraucanas 3
    Bantam Cochins 5
    Two Cochins are setting, expecting to hatch this week!

8. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    I'm on the NY/PA line between Binghamton NY,Elmira NY and Towanda PA. See "my page" for pictures. Will

9. chicky gal1

Apr 5, 2009
    PA
    Here's a pic of my coop/s (they are all add ons, upon add ons). My husband builds one more, and after he's done we seem to end up with more chicks. We now have 6 more than we need and I still really want a few DARK egg layers!!

[​IMG]

windtryst: your run is beautiful. nice job!!!

willheveland: your pretty close to us only about 45 min drive i think! What do you guys pay for your feed? we pay $11 from local Agway here.

10. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    We just came through Clarks Summit coming back from Lebanon.I like going the Clark Summit way if we need to use 81,rather than driving all the way up to Binghamton.(nice veiw from Wyalusing Rocks).From you guys you'd go to Wysox on Rt6 and turn on #187/282 to Nichols to get to us.
    We pay around $7-8. per 50 lb.bag of York State laying or York State growing mash at a Mill in Owego NY called Ward & Van Scoy(very nice people).
    I thought there was a mill out by you in Tunkanak(spelled?) on Rt#6(real close to the road) maybe called Wells Mill that was real reasonable. I love those old mills,I think you get the best value from them.I love that fresh made feed smell. nice chatting,I don't have very many neighbors that are on BYC. Will

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by