Anyone else ready for Daylight Savings to end?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GoldDogsMom, Oct 22, 2011.

1. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I am an early riser and wish it were daylight out earlier! Any one else agree?

2. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    It's only just started here [​IMG]

3. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    just commented the other day how I wish it were spring again and not fall...Enjoy your weather Nicola!

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Me!! I still remember in the summer time when the sun was out at 5-5:30 every morning and now the sun isn't up till 7:00! [​IMG]

Did I mention its cold outside? Brrrr

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Quote:And loving it!!!! So much more time after work to spend out with the ducks before it gets dark. Pity about all the rain and cold weather though- here we are in spring and apart form the extra daylight some days still feel very much like winter!

6. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    its almost 7 here and i would love for it to be light outside i miss it being full light by 6

7. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:And loving it!!!! So much more time after work to spend out with the ducks before it gets dark. Pity about all the rain and cold weather though- here we are in spring and apart form the extra daylight some days still feel very much like winter!

It's warming up here a fair bit in Canberra, i think we are in for a horrible summer again [​IMG] Oh how i wish i had Air Con.

Con of Daylight savings, the chickens wake up earlier, and then wake me up with their clucking to be let out of the coop :|

8. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    It's warming up here a fair bit in Canberra, i think we are in for a horrible summer again [​IMG] Oh how i wish i had Air Con.

Con of Daylight savings, the chickens wake up earlier, and then wake me up with their clucking to be let out of the coop

hey nic havent talked to you in a while its like 37 degrees outside right now i hate summer but im starting to want it back lol early light and late night​

9. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:hey nic havent talked to you in a while its like 37 degrees outside right now i hate summer but im starting to want it back lol early light and late night

Sorry OP for the brief Hijack

Hey, yeah its been a while, 37 Here is HOT in Celsius Haha, I dislike summer too but i am dreading it now as its getting to like 25C some days here and rising [​IMG]

10. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

I dislike the flipping and flopping back and forth.

As a morning person, I never needed it (DST) anyhow. Such contrived foolishness.

Was that grouchy old man enough? [​IMG] 'Cause I can do more if you need more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by