anyone else setting eggs today?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monita, Oct 13, 2009.

1. monita

monita Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    i got 7 mille fleur d'uccle and 2 self-blue d'uccle eggs from wegotchickens in the mail today. i will be setting them tonight. they will be due to hatch 11/3 - 11/4. is anyone else setting today?

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Surely there is someone on here that is setting eggs today? I'm not, I'm hoping to stop once the eggs in the bator hatch, but I can still wish you good luck! [​IMG]

3. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    I set mine yesterday. It's a monday tradition....even though Columbus shut down everything else he didn't get the Bator...lol

4. monita

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    Thank you so much for the good hatch wishes. that is so sweet and i appreciate it greatly.

5. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    You will do fine. As long as you got good eggs that were packaged well. I recieved eggs from 4 different people at the same time one persons eggs I hatched 6 out of 8 packaged very well. one persons packaged extremely poor 2 of 6 didn't even arrive intact others 0 hatched the other 2 were average packed and 4 out of 12 hatched but another 3 of the 12 developed all the way just didn't hatch. They were all placed in at the same time.

6. monita

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    my eggs were packaged pretty good. they were wrapped in TP and put in a egg carton surrounded by loads of newspaper inside the box. all of them made it here safe and sound. they didn't have far to travel though. they were shipped from east TN and i live in middle TN. i candled all of the eggs before i set them and they all looked fine except 2 which looked as if something was floating inside. they weren't clear i can tell you that..lol she dated the eggs the day they were laid and they were the oldest 2. i set them with the others anyway but marked them so i know which ones they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by