anyone else stopped eating chicken now that you raise them?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by attached_mama, Jun 20, 2010.

1. attached_mama

attached_mama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2010
    Outskirts of Pittsburgh
    We bought chickens for eggs, and now I cannot eat chicken, since I love my chickies so much.[​IMG]
    anyone else have this "problem"?[​IMG]

2. 17roses

17roses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Greene County, TN
    [​IMG] Sorry, no. I eat more chicken. [​IMG]

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:that happens till the next time you pass by a KFC around mealtime when you forgot to eat breakfast and lunch....... Then you start wondering how to emulate Co. Sanders recipe... I like mine extra crispy please!

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I continued to eat chicken for probably the first year. It has been YEARS since I ate chicken. And I also will not purchase or serve it. DS also does not eat chicken; however the rest of the family still do--just not here.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Nah...i can still eat chicken. I'm having it tonight actually.. [​IMG]

6. Chicks&Chihuahuas

Chicks&Chihuahuas Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    I did when I was a kid and had my first RIR. I was in the 5th grade. I ate little to no chicken for years. Of course becoming a chef has changed all that, since it's very hard to be a "No-Chicken" chef, but I still eat far less chicken than most, and only properly raised free-range chicken. I will NEVER go near KFC. I do not approve of the way they raise, treat or process their birds. XXXX has videos that will certainly make you want to eat properly raised chicken should you choose to continue to eat chicken. There is no excuse for the way they treat their birds I understand that meat birds are different than our pets and our "Eggy Girls" but humane treatment should be mandatory REGARDLESS.

Links to sites run by certain organizations who shall remain nameless but are prohibitied per BYC rules were removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  7. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:Me too, no reason to hide!

8. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I still eat chicken. In fact, I think I like it better now that I raise chickens. [​IMG]

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Chicks&Chihuahuas :

I did when I was a kid and had my first RIR. I was in the 5th grade. I ate little to no chicken for years. Of course becoming a chef has changed all that, since it's very hard to be a "No-Chicken" chef, but I still eat far less chicken than most, and only properly raised free-range chicken. I will NEVER go near KFC. I do not approve of the way they raise, treat or process their birds. *link removed* has videos that will certainly make you want to eat properly raised chicken should you choose to continue to eat chicken. There is no excuse for the way they treat their birds I understand that meat birds are different than our pets and our "Eggy Girls" but humane treatment should be mandatory REGARDLESS.

but the breading is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tasty. That's all I'm saying.​

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  10. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    now I just raise my own chickens to eat [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by