Anyone else tak their chickens for a walk??? :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AJ666, Dec 8, 2010.

1. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    I had to take my dog for a walk today, and I know that my poor chickies are bored holed up because of the snow. So I went to the coop, scooped up my darling little EE, tucked her in my coat, and headed out. I think she even enjoyed herself a little [​IMG]

2. SFlChicks

SFlChicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2010
    South Florida
    Our Peeps have the run of the backyard when we are out there. That being said, it got cold so we brought them in to their indoor coop. (A converted dog crate.) All 3 of them seemed to like snuggling with me this AM while it was still chilly in the garage. Our birds are very social. Could be that yours are, too!

3. akaxo

akaxo Chillin' With My Peeps

oh i was imagining a chicken on the end of a lead with a harness for a second there, which i've always thought would be a pretty funny thing to do...

4. AJ666

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Quote:It would be funny, but I cant even stand the sight of people walking their CATS on a leash. Chickens is even more rediculous [​IMG]

5. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Once I stuffed one of my pullets into my jacket with just her head sticking out, went to my neighbor's house like that (I don't know those neighbors very well), rang the bell, and handed them and egg. Meanwhile, little Gamma was giving my neighbor the stink eye from the jacket [​IMG]

6. ajaldridge

ajaldridge Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    FORSYTH, GA
    One our chickens loves to be taken for a walk, but there is a certain way you have to hold her. You also have to rub her and sing lullaby's to her or she goes nuts on you. You can tell from the pic with my mom holding her how spoiled she is.

[​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Definitely spoiled! [​IMG]

8. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

When I take my chickens for a walk I literly take them for a walk! With a leash and everything! My parents think I'm crazy!!! [​IMG]

9. maurerwerks

maurerwerks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Sunapee
    Quote:[​IMG] we need photos of this! [​IMG]

10. AJ666

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Quote:[​IMG] we need photos of this! [​IMG]

agreed! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by