Anyone else thinking "Malgache"? (naked necked game)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Illia, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    While trying to look at some beautiful examples of gamey breeds (ie Aseels and Shamos) I came across some YouTube videos of a "Madagascar Game" or "Malgache," in my opinion a very beautiful bird! It looks like someone crossed a Shamo and a Turken to get this, but I wouldn't think so, as it is from and only found in Madagascar. The only information I can find on them is through one channel on YouTube and very little info with Feathersite. Anyone else know anything more about these, and could you get a similar result in crossing Aseels with Turkens?

2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I know Ideal sells them and the picture they show is the same type as an asil but with a naked neck. Technically you could make a bird that looks like it. Just get an asil and a turken of some sort and cross them together. Just keep the offspring with no feathers on the neck and keep back crossing to the asils until you have the right type and naked neck. In a way it is like the blue gene or frizzling, once you get it then just breed the right ones back until you have it right.

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Why cross breeds when you can find pure strains in the US? [​IMG] I know of Malgache, and I know of a few folks that have them.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Really? Who, and could you show some pics? I've looked around, even in other languages for the Malgache, but find practically nothing. I've seen one BYC posting of an "ugly chicken" labelled as a Madagascar game, but just looked like a Turken with a bare chest.

5. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Quote:Good point. Sometimes it is fun to make something your self though just to see how it compares to the real thing, lol. I would love to see more pics of them. I think Chinachicks (from the old BYC) has some of the pure strain.

6. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I can't show the photos since they aren't mine, and I can't post links because they would lead to another chicken forum that BYC considers competition. I will send you an email.

7. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Ooo, can I get the email too? Thanks!

8. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:Good point. Sometimes it is fun to make something your self though just to see how it compares to the real thing, lol. I would love to see more pics of them. I think Chinachicks (from the old BYC) has some of the pure strain.

She may have at one time, but no longer does.

I do understand about making your own, though. [​IMG] But it is a lot of work and time consuming, considering the oriental fowl don't typically lay often and mature slower than other classes of fowl.

9. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:Sure! Email me your email addy. [​IMG]

10. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by