Anyone elses chickens go where they are NOT supposed to go?

funny i started reading this thread and thought!! thats exactly my house!!!!
my chickens are not supposed to go on our back porch ----which leads to the back door---- and of course they do. i have even screened the whole back porch on. (for us humans) and left a crack of the door open and they still (chickens) manage to squeeze themselves in!!
34076_img_2178.jpg

here they are CAUGHT in action!!! relaxing
smile.png

Ohyes!

They are not allowed on the outside table or chairs. They love it there!
They are not allowed to go through the hole in the fence to the neighbor's yard unless we bring them there. They kept running over there this morning, so we kept having to move them back.
They are not allowed to go in the wheelbarrow when there's old wood shavings in it. The jump in there all the time and kick the shavings out.

Hmph.

My chickens, ducks and geese free range here - we have 20 acres plus but they seem to think that "the other man's grass is always greener" - my geese have been spotted walking along the road, my guinea fowl trespass wherever they feel like going and my chickens too - the chickens frequently come up to the house and eat the dogs food in the kitchen - we have even found that Matilda lays her eggs under the office desk here...... love them all wherever they may roam.... my night count confirms they are all home and safe from any predators, i.e. my German Shepherd Dogs, Foxes, Buzzards, Stray Dogs and any other threats here.

Maman Silkie protects her babies - even from our Donkeys and Horses - she is SO feisty!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom