Anyone elses girls not laying after quake?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by onwingsofdragons, Aug 24, 2011.

1. onwingsofdragons

onwingsofdragons Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    North Texas
    Just wondering when they might calm down, I moved the coop today so they might feel safer in a new location to see if that would help. If Irene hits us, I'm bringing them inside, they're super stressed by our hailstorm early this week, then the quake... I don't know what they would do with a hurricane added to that all in one week. Poor girls ; ;

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Aww poor girls. The are just traumitized. They should be laying again within a week or so [​IMG]

3. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Did you see the story on the news about the weird behaviors of the animals at the zoo before the quake?
    Amazing how they knew before hand and some folks didn't even know after.

4. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    I felt that quake from PA!!!! the whole building started shaking back and forth. I thought I was going crazy and was about to pass out, until someone said "did you feel that?

5. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Quote:Yep! Animals have that feeling when a storm, earthquake, etc are coming.

6. chickens are great 12

chickens are great 12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2011
    Awww poor girls, they are probably just scared from all the weather [​IMG] they'll be better soon though!

7. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    I bet it stressed them out a little bit, but im sure soon they will feel better and start laying again. Poor babies, its amazing how animals know that a storm or something is going to happen. [​IMG]

8. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Same here! I wonder what the chooks thought...

9. onwingsofdragons

Jun 28, 2011
    North Texas
    When they changed the weather from Irene saying we had about a 60% chance of getting 2ish inches of rain I knew they didn't know what they were talking about because the girls were huddled in the corner of the coop on the floor like freezing baby chicks! If it wasn't for my girls giving me the heads up, I wouldn't have prepared at all! <3 girlies

10. onwingsofdragons

Jun 28, 2011
    North Texas
    still no eggs though, but at least they come out now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by