Anyone elses goats this brave?

L.L Farm

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 23, 2010
Maine
So me and my family own a small farm, we have our own fresh goat milk, raw cow milk, beef for meet, etc. We have one Nubian goat, which is plenty enough. Stubborn as 10 donkeys put together. We have 9 acres fenced in electrically, and today I couldn't believe my eyes. She was challenging out 2 yr old bull!! :
th.gif

She was pawing the ground with her head tilted down as if she had horns (and she doesn't) then she ran a smacked the bull right in the head with her head where her horns would be if she had any. The bull was just looking at her like she was the craziest thing ever, then she was getting up on her 2 back feet with her 2 front feet landing on his shoulder. Then she went back to trying to ram onto his forehead. We were lucky that the bull didn't do anything, he's got about 2ft worth of horns on both side. He was just looking at her, then kept munching on grass. Its rare for her to ever leave our mini donkeys side so I was surprised when I saw her doing this to the bull.

What are some crazy things your goats have done?

I totally forgot of bringing out a camera! I just ran outside watching and ready to interfere in their little "battle" I will for sure have to keep in mind to bring out the camera next time!

Its so crazy sometimes the things they do!
lol.png
Our Nubian respects the electric fence, but a goat we used to own chewed on the fence! It's as if he liked getting shocked! Our goat learned real fast to not get close to the horses.... My mares the lead mare and the poor goats had to be kicked atleast 50 times from what i've seen, she finally got in her head that not all animals want a goat close to them
gig.gif

My little goat is terrible. Her favorite target is my grandmother---
gig.gif
But when I cross-tie my horses, she moves right in and starts bullying. The only horses that would fight with her were my TBs, everyone else was just like "whatever". However my goat is not brave. She only starts fights when the horses are confined. But she takes her anger out on anything, from rain gutters, doors, dogs, cats--she's very mean.
lol.png

We have two alpine nubian goats and they enjoy ramming each other in the head. Both have horns and they raise up on their hind legs before ramming (just like mountain goats). Our Great Dane often joins me in the goat pen during feeding. A few weeks ago she got rammed in the side by the male goat. She stays clear of them nowadays.

Good thing that your Bull has a sense of humor. :)

I wish I could say no, but sadly, yes, mine would not hesitate to do that. I have goats who when they get out of the fence, stand in the middle of our road and stare at the cars. Goat in the headlights.
roll.png

My husband has been pushing for a goat. After reading this I now know for sure we don't need one. Though it would be fun to watch the brave little thing.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom