Anyone ever feel that they were ever cussed out in chicken speak?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickathon, Feb 12, 2012.

1. chickathon

chickathon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    West Virginia
    I am a very regimented person. You know liking to do everyday things at the same time every day. So naturally I turn the chickens out of their run at 7:00 every morning. 6:00 in the summer. I over slept by an hour and a half this morning. I get up grumbling about how behind I am already while getting dressed to go let the gang out. I walk to the run and there all of them are standing by the door, squawking and in the case of one hen almost honking at me. I felt like you do when caught by your parents doing something you know you shouldn't be doing and being told "I should be sooo ahamed of my self". I felt totaly and thouroughly cussed out by my twenty-eight feathered parents!

2. Glasshen

Glasshen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    La Fayette, NY
    I can hear their tone of voice from here!

3. wayne hulgan

wayne hulgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    we have a hen that was named Cleopatra, but that has changed. Now we call her Granny. mostly because if she sees anyone around she thinks she should have a treat. If she doesn't get one she lets out the loudest shreek. I think you can hear her all over the neighborhood. yes she will look stright at you when she does this. All the other chicks will do their little clucks, but she just shreeks and screems. She will do this even when she hears the screen door slam. we have gotten where we will close the door really easy. Our son-in-law loves it. when he is over, he will just slam the door just to her her screem, but then he will take her and the others some grapes.

4. flyboy129

flyboy129 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    The time I was assembling new nest boxes in my parent's coop. The couple hens laying didn't like the sound of power tools....

5. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    The chickens know when someone is in the kitchen and they squack and squack to get let out of the pen! A couple of them can really make a lot of noise and it's not that sweet clucking that they make when their busy hunting for goodies in the grass!
    Yes - I do feel like they are kvetching at me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by