Anyone ever get yellow eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bkbuz1987, Oct 9, 2008.

1. bkbuz1987

bkbuz1987 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Colorado
    Has anyone ever gotten a yellow egg? If so what breed of chicken and do you have a picture?

2. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    You mean yellow shelled like the smilies? No,not me,but I have gotten some that had a yellowish tint to them.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    apparently, ameraucanas can lay a 'golden' or deep yellowish egg sometimes, depending on the past breeding, which, i THINK (as i am not an expert on the whole EE/Araucana/Ameraucana thing) makes it an EE.

there are lots of people who are well versed in these breeds here...you can use the search feature to find more about those breeds.

there are olive, light violet, blue, green, and even very rarely pink and gold tinted eggs that can POSSIBLY show up with these birds.

no matter what, wouldn't it be neat to find? like the Easter bunny showed up just for the heck of it or maybe a practice run for the big Easter delivery![​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I want one. I got jipped on my EE's - one lays gorgeous green eggs, and the other one? Pale brown. Whatever!

5. bkbuz1987

bkbuz1987 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Yes, yellow/gold like this [​IMG]. I saw a drawing of Ameraucans and they had yellow, green, and blue eggs with it. I was wondering if anyone here has been so lucky.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:poop! isn't that disappointing! gyp gyp gyp!

it makes me think of Martha Stewart talking about her 'pure bred Amerauacana's that lay all shades of eggs, green, blue and brown....yadda yadda'

uh, how did THAT happen? now i know she's not nearly as swift as our own MissPrissy!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by