Anyone ever had a T-shirt printed?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Fierlin1182, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I really want to have one done. It would be great just to wear it around and be able to say "I made this". [​IMG]

I'm working on a picture I want to put on one... as well as a slogan, which I'm at a dead end with. They cost about $30... so not TOO bad... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not clear. Are you printing it yourself or having it done? Shouldn't cost near that much.

3. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Oh yeah, I would like to have one printed. Sorry if it wasn't clear! I've changed the title of the thread [​IMG]
    I haven't got a clue how to print one myself, but if anyone's ever done that, that's cool too. [​IMG]

The cheapest I could find was $14, and it was one of those shapeless tees that come in one size fits all. [​IMG] I think I'd be willing to splash out on something that would look a bit better. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  4. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

I've had several printed from cafepress.com. I've also made my own using transfers purchased at any office supply section and running through my printer. Now if you're talking about embroidery I could see them costing a bit more, but a heat transfer shouldn't cost too much.

5. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Do you know how much it would cost to get a printer to get them done at home? I can't really buy things over the internet yet due to lack of payment methods. [​IMG]

(Although with Christmas coming up... [​IMG])

6. bzbrown

I just bought a printer. It is a Lexmark fax/printer/copier all in one style. It was $119 however I know for a fact it can be purchased for less. The transfer paper can be bought at walmart for less than $15. There are printers that cost less, and of course the option of going to a copy shop.

7. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    OK, that's pretty cool. I might see if I can try that. Thanks for the info. [​IMG]
    This might make a good gift idea for people in the future... [​IMG]

8. bzbrown

Yes people like things personalized just for them :)

9. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

ray's two cents :

Do you know how much it would cost to get a printer to get them done at home? I can't really buy things over the internet yet due to lack of payment methods. [​IMG]

(Although with Christmas coming up... [​IMG])

You can get a decent one at WalMart for $29.00. This is the one I use. I've been really happy with it:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-Pixma-MP280-All-in-One-Photo-Printer/15167232

They also have the transfers:

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...ransfer&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

10. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I had one done by Vista Prints with my rooster Nick on it, but darned if I can find it. I've never worn it either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by