Anyone ever have the turning ring on their Top Hatch TH120 break eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by akmiddlebrooks, Oct 31, 2008.

1. akmiddlebrooks

akmiddlebrooks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    I have a new TH120 and just place 60+ serama eggs in it for hatching. However this morningI had 2 eggs broken by the ring getting ontop the eggs when turning. Also it was set at 95.5 before placing eggs in it. Now it is staying around 97.2 on extern thermometer but looks dead on on the termometer that came with the bator. I assume this temp is ok? While leveling out it made it to 101 on external but alwasy looked correct on thermometer that came with it. I am worried about the ring riding ontop the eggs though.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    akm

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Yes, I had it happen with quail eggs. You need to turn the ring upside down. It is closer to the floor of the tub one way than it is the other way. When you try to hatch turkey or goose eggs you need to make sure it is not snapped down all the way so it turns the eggs more close to the top than the bottom. If you look through the instruction sheet is does cover this issue.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  3. akmiddlebrooks

akmiddlebrooks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    thanks, I have lost 10 serama eggs before I pulled it out and am now hand turning. live n learn.
    akm

4. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

You want your temps at 99-100.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by