Anyone ever hear of Dinky's Amish Auction house in Montgomery IN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by feather and mountain man, Feb 21, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
  2. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    Well you all are missing out. I love it antiques, furniture, fresh produce, building supplies and animals, hay and about anything you can think of all at one time in different areanas and its every friday night. Can't wait till fiday! [​IMG]

3. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Would love to attend this very interesting auction. What fun! Sadly we are separated by three thousand miles of Atlantic Ocean. Oh dear.

4. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    I didn't realise there was a large Amish community in Southern IN. I am so used to the ones up here around Grabill and LaGrange.

5. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    Quote:Yes and sadly enough most of them are the ones with all the money in the community. However they are a very community oriented group and do a lot of fund raisers for many reasons. Even fund raisors for Haiti and now one coming up for New Zealand too. I am friends with the owners son and he is a great fella. He has helped me find a job once and even done business with him for years. I love his wife she is a very quirky girls and used to try to set me up with some amish gents a time or too. She said I fit right in with the amish anyway. Their 5 kids taught my kids how to break ponies to ride. Any way it is so much fun to go to the auction. I am going this Friday.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Thank you for sharing this info...it is now on our calender of things to do...we are only a few hours south in Northern Kentucky. New coop materials here I come.

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I have heard great things about it and it is on our list of things to do someday.

8. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    Your welcome have fun ya all!

9. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I have heard of it, but I have never been there. Auction Fever... I can't risk being exposed to it [​IMG]

10. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Love the place will be going back in a couple of weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by