Anyone ever hear of Russellville, Arkansas?

Moonwalker

Songster
12 Years
Jan 9, 2008
Washburn, MO
Or better yet, anyone NEAR it?
DH has gotten anew job that is based there. Same work just different company. Instead of having to travel all over the country, they mostly do jobs within the state. So it looks like I will once again be packing to move.
Looking at around towards the end of they year.
At least I will be away from my boss. I haven't even breathed a word of it to him yet and I won't till I'm sure exactly when the move will be, and then I'll wait till the last possible moment, or he will make my life even MORE miserable by alternating between moaning about my abandoning him and hiding stuff cuz he thinks I will steal it and take it with me or changing everything around the business and not telling me what's going on becasue I will be collecting all the info to either sell to his competitors or start up my own business. *sigh* isn't alzheimer's/dementia wonderful? I WILL however, inform his daughter, who lives in NC, as soon as I have an idea, so she can make plans to come up here more often. She knows I will call her immediately if something happens to him or he starts getting out of hand.

So if anyone has any info about Russellville, Arkansas, fill me in, please!

Oh yeah, I told DH that he needs to be looking for a place big enough for the dogs, the indoor pets, the horse and some chickens!

OH, bout half way between little rock and fort smith. Getting up into the hill country, real pretty up there, I live down southeast in the lowlands. Might not be as pretty as tennessee, though. Depending on how far you're willing to drive, you should be able to find a nice place.

I live just south of Little Rock. There is a State Park there Mt. Nebo that is to die for!! It's a college town. I'm sure you can find a place in the country. My brother lives in Morrilton with is about 30 miles or less from Russellville.

I've always lived in Arkansas so I like it here.

jackie

One of the owners of DH's new company owns/manages? the local Century 21 and he asked him to keep his eyes open. Of course, we'll have to rent, but hopefully soon that will change.
Right now, I really don't care much where it is, as long as we can start living a normal life again. The past 2 years of never knowing when he's be home, how long he's be home or on the road, when they would suddenly leave him off for 2-3 weeks etc. I told him it's worse than him being in the military. At least THEY have support for the wives left behind. I haven't been able to depend on him being here at any certain time, so no such thing as getting concert tickets or even planning to go out for dinner or even a BBQ. Last time I got steaks and stuff and we were planning to grill on my day off, 2 days later and they called him up and he had to leave the next day. And they always seem to schedule the weeks with no paycheck when the most bills are due.
I was hoping maybe some from here was near there so I wouldn't be going to yet another place where I know absolutely no one

frow.gif
Hello and welcome to Arkansas! A truly wonderful state.
I lived at Russellville for 2 years with my parents before I got married. My dad pastored a church there for 5 years. My husbands parents pastor a church near Russellville this very day, and his sister and her husband pastor a church in Rsvl.
Lots of nice people...the town is surronded by beautiful lakes...bring a boat...lots of fishing...plus the river runs through it.
I have lots of great memories there...I was married in my dads church there.
Any more questions just ask!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom