Anyone ever heard of Bebe Red Bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sweeterdeeter42, Mar 14, 2011.

1. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    So Friday I picked out 7 random bantam chicks from TSC. This particular TSC gets their chicks from Townline Hatchery. I have no idea what three of my 7 chicks are, so I emailed Townline Hatchery to see what kind of chicks they include when they send out assorted chicks, and this one was on the list. Ive never heard of them and when I Google it smutt appears. LOL. Anyone ever heard of these? or have these? I cant seem to find anything on them. I think I have one though, because I have a dark red chick, and that is the only breed on their list that IMO it could be. Help me, oh wise people from BYC.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    And I dont think they meant BB Red old English either.
    This is the email answer-
    "A bantam order could include any of the following: Bebe Reds, Porcelins, Millefleurs, Golden and Silver Seabrights, White Silkies, Red Pyle Old English, Brown Old English, and Silver Duckwing Old English. There is no guarantee on just what you would receive, however. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you."

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I think they mean BBR's [​IMG]

4. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Im beginning to think you might be right. That is the only thing I can find when I am searching for it. Just thought they would list it with the other OEGB's.

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    There are other breeds that come in BBR. It is a color just like Porcelain and Mille Fleur.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by